Saturday, January 21, 2006

Mandisa Hundley American Idol 5


She told the judges to just call her Mandisa, but her full name is actually Mandisa Hundley. Mandisa is a 28 year old female from Antioch, Tennessee, and she is an experienced Gospel singer. For her audition, Mandisa sang “Falling,” and Simon Cowell said she was “everything I hoped you would be.” Mandisa received a unanimous yes vote from all three judges.

fter her audition, Simon Cowell made some comments that have drawn criticism from some American Idol fans as being exceptionally cruel. Mandisa is a heavy-set woman, and Simon remarked “Do we have a bigger stage this year?” After Paul compared Mandisa to Frenchie, Simon responded “Forget Frenchie, she’s like France.”


Got Ringtones? Click Here for FREE MP3 Ringtones


Mandisa had a website located at www.mandisaministries.com, but the website has been shut down, presumable as a requirement for her participation in American Idol.

Before the website was shut down, Mandisa’s biography pointed to a wealth of professional musical experience. Mandisa Hundley was born in Sacremento, California and moved to Tennessee to get her degree in vocal performance from Fisk University. She was a member of the Fisk Jubilee Singers. Some of the artists that Mandisa has performed with include “Shania Twain, Trisha Yearwood, Take 6, Larnelle Harris, and Willie Neal Johnson & the Gospel Keynotes.”

Mandisa has also performed with Integrity Music and Don Moen. Her website listed several recordings that she can be heard on: Don Moen’s “Thank You Lord” and Sandi Patti’s “Hymns of Faith…Songs of Inspiration”, and Travis Cottrell’s “Beloved Disciple” and “The Deep”. Mandisa was also “the worship leader for the 2004 LifeWay Christian Women’s Conventions held in Orlando, San Diego, and San Antonio.”


Source




Earn an Accelerated Degree in:


Healthcare | Homeland Security |

5 Comments:

At 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, does anyone know how to get more information on her background? I heard her name and I was shocked. I was in first grade with a girl named Mandisa, and she was my very best friend. Anytime my grandma from "the south" would come to visit, I was not allowed to hang around with her. Sadly, I changed schools and never saw my best friend again. So, I did a google search on her and see that she is from Sacramento and is my age!!!! I have our first grade class picture and I'm just dying to know if this is her!!

 
At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are wonderful Mandesa...keep going and running the race set before you!!! So happy to hear Jesus Christ professed all over the world last night...What an example of His bride!!

 
At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was almost stunned at Simons reaction and apology after you witnessed to the judges.

Thank-you, for being so brave about your faith. You are a truly annointed singer. I have been praying for Simon since Season 1, I've never seen him respond like that, or actually apologize.

You are being a light in a very spiritually dark place, and I will be praying for you. I think all the judges where deeply impressed by your response to Simon.

 
At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep Strong in your Faith.....
You are beautifull inside and out...Stay On Course.

 
At 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I saw you, at first I was like
nah, but then I watch another show, and I knew it was you. I went to Fisk with you. Girl, you
are as good as you were then,,,

keep up the good work, all of Selma,Alabama is shouting for you.

gloria martin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home