Friday, August 19, 2005

Kelly Clarkson of American Idol: No Movies, Just a Grammy


By Marilyn Beck and Stacy Jenel

"American Idol" winner-cum-pop princess Kelly Clarkson has a stack of scripts that have been submitted to her by moviemakers hoping she'll land in their pictures, and "It puzzles me completely. I hated the movie I did before," she says, referring to the flop 2003 "From Justin to Kelly: With Love" -- which rated two out of 10 stars on the Internet Movie Database and the user comment, "I don't want to live anymore."

"Everyone knew I didn't want to do it, but I had to," Kelly says, contractually speaking, "and I don't particularly want to do more."

That's not to say that Kelly is ruling out acting forever: "I always get bored, and I like to do different things, but it isn't something I'm going to do in the near future."

Asked about what she WOULD like to do, the blunt songstress with the soaring voice says, "Oh, I'd like to win a Grammy. I'm not really one for awards, and I don't care about them, usually. But to win a Grammy -- something I've been watching since I was a kid -- that would be great. Some people want to win six in a year. I only want one. Then I'll appreciate it completely."

Clarkson wraps her current tour Sept. 16, then she will take a month off before starting a Euro tour. As for plotting her next album, "I'm always writing," she says. "It's better for me out on the road. You get these ideas in your head and -- something just happens."

Source

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home