Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Carrie reads message boards during the show.


In an interview with the Arizona Republic, Carrie Underwood has taken dead aim at all the bashers on the message boards. When asked if she read the boards during the competition, Carrie said, "Unfortunately, I was into reading it. It was the worst thing I could have done. People can be horrible. I didn't feel bad for myself. I felt bad for my parents and the parents of the other contestants. There's no time to get used to it. Most people (in the public eye) have three or four years to get used to that kind of thing."

Carrie spoke directly to those guilty of this behavior. "To anyone who ever said anything bad on a message board, I want them to imagine someone saying those kinds of things about their kids. I would read the message boards, and they said awful things." You tell 'em, Carrie.

Carrie said that the negative press and nasty message boards really hurt Mikalah Gordon, who started out not caring what people thought. "Then she started caring about what people thought, and it broke her."

Source

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home